Reporting Spam by E-mail.

Alex Neuman van der Hans alex at NKPANAMA.COM
Wed Nov 2 17:16:08 GMT 2005

Aaron K. Moore wrote:

> Anyone setup an e-mail address for bouncing spam to be processed by
> spamassassin?  I'd like to set up addresses for reporting spam and ham.
>
> I've found a few old links on setting it up with SpamAssassin, but
> nothing with MailScanner.  I'd check the wiki, but it's not back up yet.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Aaron
>
> --
> Aaron Kent Moore
> Information Technology Services
> DeKalb Memorial Hospital, Inc.
> Auburn, IN
> E-mail:  amoore at dekalbmemorial.com <mailto:amoore at dekalbmemorial.com>

> Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/)
> and the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).
>
> *Support MailScanner development - buy the book off the website!*

It's a bit complicated since most users don't know how to properly
forward messages intact, without useless headers or html.

Perhaps your best bet is to set up a public imap folder where they can
just "throw them in", and you can use a script to train your
spamassassin every night while disregarding your own headers.