A well-hung MailScanner :-(

Mike Brudenell pmb1 at YORK.AC.UK
Wed Nov 2 17:27:42 GMT 2005

Greetings -

--On 2 November 2005 16:55:55 +0000 Martin Hepworth
<martinh at SOLID-STATE-LOGIC.COM> wrote:

> How are you handling the link to the file NFS with soft links or hard
> links.
>
> I've seen older versions of Solaris get upset when NFS links go offline,
> even when they are to soft links..

Ummm, I'm not sure which file you're referring to...

We have a directory tree (/opt/york) which is purely on locally attached
disk:

 *  When I installed the system I built new versions of Perl, BerkeleyDB,
    etc to just go into/use /opt/york

 *  Sophos is also installed directly into /opt/york; there are no symlinks
    via the NFS-mounted /usr/local

 *  Similarly MailScanner is installed directly into /opt/york; there are
    no symlinks via /usr/local

I carefully went through all the MailScanner scripts and changed references
to /usr/local/... to /opt/york/... in (I think!) every relevant location.
I've been using 'find' and 'grep' most of the afternoon to try and track
down any I missed but to no avail.

My head hurts.

Cheers,
Mike B-}

--
The Computing Service, University of York, Heslington, York Yo10 5DD, UK
Tel:+44-1904-433811  FAX:+44-1904-433740

* Unsolicited commercial e-mail is NOT welcome at this e-mail address. *