Bitdefender update?

Ed Bruce ebruce at HPMICH.COM
Wed Nov 2 16:06:06 GMT 2005

Glenn Steen wrote:
> Same here (although I'm already +1 to Denis' total:-).
> Seems to be a pox of bagle variants "going on" right now, so you might
> just be seeing the ... speed/frequency of updates put out by BD.
>
> I've been very glad to have BD this night, sole one picking up some of
> them... And that with heuristics.
>
> So much for it being ... "quiet on the viral front", as discussed earlier:)

Yup. We had to shutdown all the computers yesterday. Was in a meeting
discussing the dangers of hooking up laptops to our network, when one of
our techs sticks his in the door and says we seem to be having a
problem. I was only running ClamAV but it stopped all the Bagle variants
hitting us through email.

Just for grins I ran ClamAV and BitDefender against the email archives
and lots of email infected, but not detected because they were
identified as Spam. Must think on this because I have email not cleaned
up so people can release from Quarantine. Now we could be releasing
infected emails.