System load is very high because of MailScanner

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Fri May 27 11:41:30 IST 2005

BG Mahesh wrote:

<snip>

> I should say that in reasonable amount of time the email is delivered. When I send an email from the same box to a user on that box it takes about 5-9 seconds easily to be delivered

All that looks fine to me.  It is normal that MailScaner eats 100% of
the cpu.  a load of 3-4 is far from being critical.  Some servers can
run above 10 for a while without problem (just a bit more delays).

Regards,

Ugo