SA userprefs stored in SQL

Jonathan Higgins jhiggins at KENNESAW.EDU
Thu May 26 21:19:47 IST 2005

This apparently has come up a few times in the past.  I may be asking
this in the wrong place, so if I need to post this question on the
spamassassin list please let me know.

I even found a piece of information on the Faq-O-matic... here is an
excerpt.

"..... problem is that SpamAssassin, according to what I've read at the
following http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/sql/README, will
only use the DB for getting the user preferences if it's running in
client/server mode, i.e., as spamc and spamd.  So this means that if I
want to let end users manage their own whitelists, I would have to get
SpamAssassin running the old slow way.  Thoughts or suggestions? "

After searching, I have not found a solution to this.  I am already using
a mysql bayes for my lvs mail cluster system.. I need a way to store SA
user preferences globally.. and i would rather not go back to using
spamc/spamd.

thanks.

Jonathan Higgins
IT R&D Project Manager