Pyzor problems?

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Thu May 26 15:23:25 IST 2005

Ugo Bellavance wrote:
> Ugo Bellavance wrote:
>
>> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else seeing Pyzor problems at the moment?
>>> I have just got enough horsepower to use Pyzor on my production systems,
>>> having never used it before. It built and installed just fine, and
>>> "pyzor discover" worked.
>>>
>>> But I get
>>> # /usr/local/bin/pyzor ping
>>> 66.250.40.33:24441      TimeoutError:
>>> and SpamAssassin just hangs when trying to get a response to the pyzor
>>> request.
>>>
>>> Is there anything I'm likely to be missing? Or is it really down now?
>>> If it is down, does anyone know the owner and could ask him to take a
>>> look at his server?
>
> I'll let you know about my findings.
>
> Ugo

Ugo,

Running a pyzor server.
Reference: https://sourceforge.net/docman/?group_id=50000

/usr/bin/pyzord --homedir /var/pyzor

/var/pyzor contains
config (optional)
pyzord.access (optional)

/var/pyzor/config contains
[server]
Port = 24441
ListenAddress = 0.0.0.0
LogFile    = pyzord.log
PidFile    = pyzord.pid
DigestDB   = pyzord.db
AccessFile = pyzord.access

/var/pyzor/pyzord.access contains
check report ping info : anonymous : allow

For your pyzor client change the 'servers' file in the .pyzor directory
to something like this.
your.server.ip.address:24441

There are also some options to use pyzor/pyzord with a username/password
combination.

Now only if I could populate it with some relevant information :-(

- dhawal

PS: the pyzor server is back to normal
# pyzor ping
66.250.40.33:24441      (200, 'OK')