OT: GreetPause delay

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Wed May 25 22:13:34 IST 2005

William Burns wrote:
> Kevin:
>
> I get what you're saying about this only affecting your-own inbound
> mail, but it's useful to extrapolate.
> If every mail server on the planet behaves like yours, then all of
> *my* servers outbound mail is delayed for 10 seconds.

Yeah, but by that time the spammers will have caught on, and we decommission
this and use some other trick.  Which will last for about 2 months, and the
cycle repeats.  Sigh...

...Kevin
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500