Understanding blacklisting

Nigel Kendrick support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk
Wed May 25 13:34:18 IST 2005

I see incoming mail from various places where the origin is found in just
one blacklist (usually SORBS-DNSBL) and so MailScanner deletes it, but
reading the wiki articles implies you can set a threshold so that the sender
has to appear in 'n' blacklists before being given the chop - the closest
setting I can see for this is "Spam Lists To Reach High Score", which I
currently have set to 5 (it was 3) but this doesn't seem to have any effect
and reading further, the description of the setting implies that it just
defines whether messages go straight to 'high scoring spam'.

Can I just confirm whether I am missing the point here or whether I have not
configured something as well as I could. Do I just drop using SORBS-DNSBL??

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick