mailwatch error

Dhawal Doshy dhawal at NETMAGICSOLUTIONS.COM
Tue May 24 11:28:15 IST 2005

Martin Hepworth wrote:
> Greg
>
> Looks like the table is fubar-ed.
>
> Have you tried a myisamchk on the table?
>
> There's some stuff in the mysql help pages about this.
>
> It could also be related to the 2GB file size - maybe you
> mysql/file-system can't handle more than 2GB per file??? Do you managed
> the amount of data in the maillog file (ie move or delete it to keep
> only the last few weeks data in the table)?
>
> Greg Matthews wrote:
>
>> slightly off-topic I know, I'm getting an error in mailwatch:
>>
>> Error executing query:
>>
>> Can't open file: 'maillog.MYD'. (errno: 144)
>>
>> I've located the file and it is almost 2GB in size. It is bigger on my
>> other relays so presumably it is not the size causing the problem. Is my
>> DB stuffed? Is there a way to correct it or should I start again with an
>> empty DB? if so how?

I posted this to the mailwatch list sometime back, my maillog_archive
table (where i archive my maillog table) stopped growing beyond 4GB.
This behavior was explained here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/full-table.html

For large database support you'll need to do the following:
a. Specify MAX_ROWS=value during table creation.
OR
b. ALTER TABLE maillog MAX_ROWS=1000000000(replace with required value);

one more reference:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/create-table.html

Also like Martin mentioned, an myisamchk -r (-o) ought to be the first
thing to try.

- dhawal