Using MCP with multiple rulesets

Gray, Richard richard.gray at DNS.CO.UK
Sun May 22 10:43:54 IST 2005

Hi guys,

I'm new to this list, so I apologise if I have missed something obvious
(I don't think I have)

Basically, I would like to use MCP more than once per message. I'll
illustrate:

I have a SA ruleset that contains racial insults of various forms. I
have a separate ruleset that contains pornographic references. I also
have a ruleset that represents content that I want to make sure doesn't
leave my domain. I would like my clients to be able to opt in and out of
the various filtering types.

As far as I can tell, MailScanner only calls MCP once, using all the
rulesets in the mcp directory. The best solution I have come up with is
a set of SA rules as follows (untested)

Header CLIENT_MATCH1 to=~/*@myclient.com/
Header CLIENT_MATCH2 to=~/*@myclient.com/
Meta CLIENTS_IN (CLIENT_MATCH1 || CLIENT_MATCH2)

Body BAD_CONTENT1 /some bad stuff/
Body BAD_CONTENT2 /some other bad stuff/
Meta BAD_CONTENT (BAD_CONTENT1 || BAD_CONTENT2)

Meta OPTED_IN (CLIENTS_IN && BAD_CONTENT)
Score OPTED_IN 2

Which will allow clients to opt in and out of specific rules. However,
I'm still only going to get back a single score, with no explanation of
whether it was pornographic/client_filtered etc. If I could perform any
math functions on the result that comes  back I could just ensure that
each different ruleset used only multiples of a prime number, then I
could check for the existence of the prime in the result and work it out
that way. Howver, I can't :(

Ideally, I would call MCP once for each ruleset I have, but I don't
think that's possible. Am I correct? If so, does anyone have any other
suggestions?

Many thanks.

Richard

This email from dns has been validated by dnsMSS Managed Email Security and is free from all known viruses.

For further information contact email-integrity at dns.co.uk