SuSE 9.3

Mike michael at NOMENNESCIO.NET
Fri May 20 19:35:18 IST 2005

    [ The following text is in the "iso-8859-15" character set. ]

That's milter-sender "fault" (read: feature!). It does a sender verification, which for some reason fails for your site, hence the TEMPFAIL.

>Been working on getting MS up and running 9.3, and it's gone quite well.  I
>got the new MailWatch.pm without any trouble - thanks for the heads up on
>that, Mike.  But I'm a bit befuddled by one thing in MailWatch.  The
>instructions are geared towards a Redhat apache install, which is different
>than the SuSE apache2 install.  They say to check permissions on
>/var/www/html/mailscanner/images, and that they should be owned by
>root:apache.  I set them to be owned by root:www since that's the group
>SuSE uses.

I use this:

/srv/www/htdocs/mailscanner:

drwxr-xr-x  3 root root   280 Feb 10 21:49 images/

>They say to do basically the same thing /var/www/html/images/cache but
>there is no images/cache file or directory under web root (/src/www/htdocs
>in SuSE's case).  Did you create those manually?  And is cache a directory?
>I assume it is, but it isn't clear from the instructions.  Obviously
>WEBROOT/images is a directory since it contains cache.

Yes, cache is a dir, which will hold all generated images for the reports. I'm not sure if I created it manually, I believe I did. Here's what I use:

/srv/www/htdocs/mailscanner/images:

drwxrwxr-x  2 root www   608 May 17 21:51 cache/

This way, the apache process (id: wwwrun, group: www) can write in the cache directory.

To my experience, the images directory itself does NOT have to have write permissions for the www group. I tested this when rolled out MailWatch and no files within the images dir itself were changed, so I deviated from the instructions.

>TIA...
>
>...Kevin

Mike.