rot13 (was RE: Who is the Proper authorities?)

Stef Morrell stef at L5NET.NET
Fri May 20 11:26:26 IST 2005

Glenn wrote:

> I gather you don't remember the good/bad old days when
> everyone rot13'd (or "ceasar-rolled") every message
> containing even the slightest expletive or minorly offensive
> statement... As you'll see once you've decoded the above, JK
> and I are just reminiscing (boy do I feel like a very old
> middle-aged man today... wait, eh, that's what I am.... Sigh, that's
> depressing).

On the contrary, I remember only too well. I imagine it's still used in
the scary devil monastery (alt.sysadmin.recovery), a place I've not
visited in a very long time. Chicken waving is a "code word" used on
that group. I could tell you what it means, but I'd have to kill you.

See http://www.faqs.org/faqs/sysadmin-recovery/ for further
illumination.

*grins* Like you, I at once realised the message contained pgp13 ;)
encoded text.

Takes me back a couple of decades too...

It's Down... not across.

Stef
Stefan Morrell          | Director
Tel: 0870 365 2813      | Level 5 Internet Ltd
Fax: 0192 450 7307      | Part of the Alpha Omega Group
stef at l5net.net          | stef at aoc-uk.com