MCP logging action question - bug in 4.41.3-1 or not?

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu May 19 07:29:13 IST 2005

Julian

Is there a bug in MCP handling in 4.41.3-1?

I asked in an earlier message why I am _not_ seeing

"...MCP Actions: message j4I9gwgT004139 actions are delete"

records in the log files when I am getting an MCP score of 10 for a
message and have in MailScanner.conf:

MCP High SpamAssassin Score = 10
High Scoring MCP Actions = delete
Always Include MCP Report = yes
Detailed MCP Report = yes
Include Scores In MCP Report = yes
Log MCP = yes

The logs say:

May 18 10:43:24 cheviot8 MailScanner[1518]: Message j4I9gwgT004139 from
128.240.233.53 (xxx at hotmail.com) to maildb.ncl.ac.uk is MCP, MCP-Checker
(score=10, required 1, PROLO_GMCP24 10.00)

Although the logs do not say that MailScanner MCP actions are "delete"
for this message it is clear that it was not delivered.

Quentin
---
PHONE: +44 191 222 8209    Information Systems and Services (ISS),
                           University of Newcastle,
                           Newcastle upon Tyne,
FAX:   +44 191 222 8765    United Kingdom, NE1 7RU.
"Any opinion expressed above is mine. The University can get its own."