Chaining multiple .rules files?

Eric Sauvageau eric.sauvageau at gmail.com
Wed May 11 21:39:00 IST 2005

Hi,

I'm setting up a server that uses a web appliance which generates its
own .rules files for virus scanning.  However, I also need to manually
maintain a second list of rulesets independently of the web appliance.

Since the file gets overwritten by the web appliance, I wanted to do
something like this:

1) In MailScanner.conf, point "Virus Scanning" to the "manual.rules" file.

2) Create two files in the rules dir: "manual.rules" (which I manually
maintain) and "auto.rules" (the file that is auto-generated by the web
appliance)

3) On incoming mail have Mailscanner process "manual.rule", then
"auto.rule" (if there wasn't a match in the first rulesets) to
determine if Virus Scanning should be enabled for a given domain.

Is there any way to accomplish something like that?

Thanks!

---
Eric