Secondary Virus Scanner

BB brent.bolin at gmail.com
Wed May 11 16:02:44 IST 2005

How are you using antivir for free ?

FreeBSD ports has antivir-milter but here is the license description -

A license key for private (individual, non-commercial) use can be applied
for free of charge at:

Would prefer the command line version.

On 5/10/05, Peter Russell <pete at enitech.com.au> wrote:
      I use Clamav, Bitdefender and Antivir. None of which cost me
      any money -
      we have an etrust license, but damned if i can get it
      installed and
      working on RHEL4.

      Scott Silva wrote:
      > Jim Coates wrote:
      >
      >>I use ClamAV for my virus scanning with MailScanner right
      now, but this
      >>whole Sober issue has made me think it would be wise to put
      a secondary
      >>scanner in my setup.
      >>
      >>What all do you recommend?
      >>
      >>Thanks,
      >>Jim Coates
      >>

      > If you are looking for free, then BitDefender os OK as a
      secondary
      > scanner, but I wouldn't rely on it for first line of
      defense.
      > Also, if you have a corporate license for your desktops,
      look if it
      > entitles you to a command line scanner in linux. We have a
      McAfee

      (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/) and
      http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).