Report files of our own

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri May 6 17:36:33 IST 2005

Julian Field said:
> I would recommend making your own directory of report files and put
> all of them in there. That way you can be safe nothing nasty will
> ever happen during an upgrade.
>
> The only thing you will need to remember when upgrading is to update
> the contents of the languages.conf files to ensure you have text
> supplied for any new phrases listed in there in the new version. You
> can upgrade the languages.conf file using the
> upgrade_MailScanner_conf script as both MailScanner.conf and
> languages.conf actually use the same syntax.
>
> cd /etc/MailScanner/reports/yours
> upgrade_MailScanner_conf /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf
> languages.conf > languages.new
> mv languages.conf languages.old
> mv languages.new languages.conf
>
> will do the trick for you.

Or even link them:

cd /etc/MailScanner/reports/yours
ln -s /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf languages.conf

which I have used successfully. Then when the update scripts run your
reports are safe and the languages file gets updated.

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy