Report files of our own

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri May 6 17:22:16 IST 2005

I would recommend making your own directory of report files and put
all of them in there. That way you can be safe nothing nasty will
ever happen during an upgrade.

The only thing you will need to remember when upgrading is to update
the contents of the languages.conf files to ensure you have text
supplied for any new phrases listed in there in the new version. You
can upgrade the languages.conf file using the
upgrade_MailScanner_conf script as both MailScanner.conf and
languages.conf actually use the same syntax.

cd /etc/MailScanner/reports/yours
upgrade_MailScanner_conf /etc/MailScanner/reports/en/languages.conf
languages.conf > languages.new
mv languages.conf languages.old
mv languages.new languages.conf

will do the trick for you.

On 6 May 2005, at 16:47, Steve Campbell wrote:

> My boss would like to rewrite the all of the report text files to
> more suit
> our(his) environment. I know that if I update, new reports would
> have to be
> created, but is there a preferred way to point MS to the new text
> files?
>
> Should we put them in a new folder after rewriting and configure MS
> to look
> there?
> or
> Change the ones in the existing folder?
>
> What concerns for either way are there when updating?
>
> Thanks for any opinions.
>
> Steve Campbell
> campbell at cnpapers.com
> Charleston Newspapers