Sober

Jon Leeman technician at CENPAC.NET.NR
Thu May 5 22:05:49 IST 2005

> If it was a Postfix problem, then no scanner on any Postfix system would
> work. And that's not happening so everything should be okay in my code.
> The bug in Clam may well be platform-specific, which would explain how
> it happened in the first place. I bet they do most of their development
> on Linux (just like everyone else :-)

I'm running;

Mandrake 10.0
mailscanner-4.40.6-1
Clamav[module] 0.83
postfix-2.1.1-0.1.100mdk

and it appears to be coping with around 300 infected mails per hour.
Being a very small ISP/location I would soon know if something 'slipped
through' and infected the majority of machines that don't run AV here
(that's another - long - story).

     Report: ClamAV Module: account_info.zip was infected: Worm.Sober.P
             ClamAV Module: Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe was
infected: Worm.Sober.P
             MailScanner: Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous
in email (Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe)
     Report: MailScanner: Shortcuts to MS-Dos programs are very
dangerous in email (Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .pif)
     Report: ClamAV Module: Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe was
infected: Worm.Sober.P
             MailScanner: Executable DOS/Windows programs are dangerous
in email (Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe)
             MailScanner: Shortcuts to MS-Dos programs are very
dangerous in email (Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .pif)
     Report: ClamAV Module: account_info.zip was infected: Worm.Sober.P
             ClamAV Module: Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe was
infected: Worm.Sober.P

Regards,

Jon