Silently dropping attachments

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 5 09:32:31 IST 2005

Please look in filename.rules.conf and filetype.rules.conf in your
/etc/MailScanner directory.
On 4 May 2005, at 23:02, Jason Huddleston wrote:

      I have been seeing several messages a day coming in that are
      infected with the Worm.Sober.P virus. These messages have an
      attachment that is a .pif file. I have Mail Scanner set up to
      drop files of this type. Is there a way to silently drop
      files of this or any extension???

      Thanks,

      --

      Jason Huddleston, CCSA

      Assistant Coordinator Internet Services and Security

      Ozarks Technical Community College

      huddlesj at otc.edu

      417-447-7532

Before posting, read the Wiki (http://wiki.mailscanner.info/)