New Beta: Re: ClamAV and MailScanner Bug

Julian Field jkf at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Thu May 5 09:27:47 IST 2005

Is there a possibility that ClamAV is failing to find the virus in
the .zip file, but is finding it in the files inside the .zip file?

If so, I have a fix for that which I would like you to try. I cannot
reproduce the problem on my systems at all, so I'm having to take an
educated guess.

I have just posted a new beta release on www.mailscanner.info which I
would like you to try.

On 5 May 2005, at 08:54, Julian Field wrote:

> On 4 May 2005, at 22:16, Chris Stone wrote:
>

>> On Wednesday 04 May 2005 02:57 pm, Julian Field wrote:
>>

>>> Julian Field wrote:
>>> I just tried it with 2 Worm.Sober.P messages from my own servers,
>>> and
>>> neither of them caused any problem whatsoever. Both caught just
>>> fine.
>>> Worked with Maximum Archive Depth = 0 and with = 2.
>>>

>> This problem is with MS 4.34.8 and ClamAV 0.83, ClamAV Module
>> (latest from
>> CPAN). Max Archive Depth = 0.
>>

> Chris, can you try with the latest MailScanner please. I still cannot
> find anything unusual whatsoever. You are running with
>
> Max Archive Depth = 0
> Virus Scanners = clamavmodule
> ClamAV 0.83
>
> (That's for my reference as people are not being clear as to whether
> they are using "clamav" or "clamavmodule".
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info

Julian Field