ClamAV and MailScanner Bug

Stephen Swaney steve.swaney at FSL.COM
Wed May 4 23:00:16 IST 2005

We are stopping thousands of these but we're sometimes seeing part of the
zipped payload getting through. The infected file appears to contain three
attachments:

May  4 16:27:57 www1 MailScanner[6604]: Saved infected "error-mail_info.zip"
to /var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20050504/j44LRpb2006726
May  4 16:27:57 www1 MailScanner[6604]: Saved infected
"Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .pif" to
/var/spool/MailScanner/quarantine/20050504/j44LRpb2006726
May  4 16:27:57 www1 MailScanner[6604]: Saved infected
"Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe" to

Sometimes only the one file: Winzipped-Text_Data.txt           .exe" appears
to be delivered. The PC version of BitDefender has caught three today that
were delivered.

BTW - The "real" filename appears to be:
Winzipped-Text_Data.txt\ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ \ .exe"

Any one else seeing this behavior?

Steve

Steve Swaney
President