envelope recipient case problem

Spike Cacti spike_cacti at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 16:18:25 IST 2005

Hi,

I have this weird problem where one of our partners is using the "rcpt
to:" address as some kind of authentication for a list. It contains
both upper and lower case letters. (B11w33ds at partner). Postfix receives
the mail correctly. MailScanner archives it ok. But when it is resent
to the outbound queue of postfix, all letters are lowercase.

I am talking about the envelope, not the To: field in the body.

Is MailScanner modifying this ? It is probably RFC compliant to do so
but I just want to know if it is possible to change that behaviour...

Spike