Strange Virus Detected Messages

Timothy Barhorst timb at VWG.COM
Mon May 2 20:38:44 IST 2005

I am running  MailScanner-4.35.11-1 on a RH ES 2.1 system. Out of the
blue. –this afternoon I started receiving many messages that say:

Report: F-Prot:
/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/4958/j42J8XdD005496/msg-4958-7.html
Infection: HTML/ObjData at expl

After querying users, it seems these messages could be false negatives.

I am using both Clam AV and F-Prot – however ONLY F-Prot reports on
this.

(If I turn off F-Prot – no messages)

I proceeded to update Clam AV to the latest version .84 and F-Prot to the
latest 4.5.4. with the same result.

Is this a MailScanner issue or is this a genuine Infection that F-Prot is
seeing?

Or maybe I should update  MailScanner?

Tim Barhorst