Failed MailScanner 4.40.11 Install

James Gray james at grayonline.id.au
Mon May 2 04:41:38 IST 2005

On Mon, 2 May 2005 12:23 pm, Gib Gilbertson Jr. wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> Just tried updating from 4.32.4 to 4.40.11 (which is the latest FreeBSD
> Port). I used the port deinstall and port install method of upgrading.
> After following the final instructions after the upgrade I tried starting
> MailScanner and it failed because it couldn't find BinHex.pm.

Have you tried "make reinstall" instead of "make install"??

I use the tarball versions of MailScanner in FreeBSD - but that's just me.
Ports isn't usually far behind the latest release, but I prefer doing things
by hand with MailScanner.

Cheers,

James
--
BOFH excuse #37:
heavy gravity fluctuation, move computer to floor rapidly