Failed MailScanner 4.40.11 Install

Gib Gilbertson Jr. gib at TMISNET.COM
Mon May 2 03:23:47 IST 2005

Hi All.

Just tried updating from 4.32.4 to 4.40.11 (which is the latest FreeBSD
Port). I used the port deinstall and port install method of upgrading.
After following the final instructions after the upgrade I tried starting
MailScanner and it failed because it couldn't find BinHex.pm.

I have looked through the archives and can't find anything matching this
situation.

I tried installing the module through CPan but get the following error
message. Any ideas?

===
Running make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl5 "-MExtUtils::Command::MM" "-e"
"test_harness(0, 'blib/lib', 'blib/arch')" t/*.t
t/Body...........ok
t/Decoder........ok
t/Entity.........ok
t/Gauntlet.......ok
t/Head...........ok
t/Misc...........FAILED tests 4-5, 7-11
         Failed 7/14 tests, 50.00% okay
t/Parser.........ok
t/Ref............ok
t/WordDecoder....ok
t/Words..........ok
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail  Failed  List of Failed
t/Misc.t                  14    7  50.00%  4-5 7-11
Failed 1/10 test scripts, 90.00% okay. 7/231 subtests failed, 96.97% okay.
*** Error code 35

Stop in /root/.cpan/build/MIME-tools-5.417.
   /usr/bin/make test -- NOT OK
Running make install
   make test had returned bad status, won't install without force

===

Thanks for any help you might be able to pass this way.

gib

      Gib Gilbertson Jr.
      Tierramiga Info Systems
      619-287-8647 Support