Vexira command line switches

Julian Field MailScanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Mar 30 18:12:15 IST 2005

Why hack MailScanner to achieve something it already does perfectly well
anyway?

As long as you have switched on virus scanning and have told it which
scanner to use, it won't deliver a virus to your customers anyway.
Deleting them by hacking MailScanner won't make any difference at all.
And people who hack MailScanner don't get any support from me either,
unless there is a very good reason for them having made a change.

RedRed!com IT Department wrote:

> Becuase if the file is found to be a virus I do not want it to be
> forwarded on to the customer. At the point that it is determined to be a
> virus, I would like to get rid of it then. Why process it any further?
>
> Sean
>
> Julian Field wrote:
>
>> If you set it to delete or rename you will break the filename/filetype
>> checking functionality, as the files won't exist any more.
>> Why would you want to do this?
>>
>> RedRed!com IT Department wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe I'm just not looking in the right place, but I'm trying to figure
>>> out how to specify some of the command line switches that Mailscanner
>>> uses when it calls vascan. Currently my logs are showing that it's
>>> calling vascan -qq --scanning=full --action=skip. All of that is great
>>> except for the skip part. I would rather have it rename or delete.
>>>
>>> How would I tell Mailscanner that those are the arguments I want on the
>>> call to vascan? Thanks.
>>

>> You would have to hack vexira-wrapper and SweepViruses.pm.
>>
>> --
>> Julian Field
>> www.MailScanner.info
>> MailScanner thanks transtec Computers for their support
>> Buy the MailScanner book at www.MailScanner.info/store
>>
>> PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC 7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654

>> 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
>> Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
>> the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

Julian Field