Weird problem with local SA tests

Derek Winkler dwinkler at ALGORITHMICS.COM
Mon Mar 28 20:10:33 IST 2005

Did you do a spamassassin --lint?

This looks odd, not sure if it's the cause of the problem...

header SPAM-L           Sender =~ /.*\<SPAM-L\@PEACH\.EASE\.LSOFT\.COM>.*/i

possible missing \ before > not consistent with your other rule...

header SPAM-L           Sender =~ /.*\<SPAM-L\@PEACH\.EASE\.LSOFT\.COM\>.*/i

The .*s are superfluous and just obfuscate the regular expressions.

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of Robert Waldner
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:06 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Weird problem with local SA tests

Hi!

Something tells me I haven't had enough coffee yet.

I have a couple local tests defined in spam.assassin.prefs.conf, for
 example:

header MAILSCANNER      Sender =~ /.*\<MAILSCANNER\@JISCMAIL\.AC\.UK\>.*/i
describe MAILSCANNER    MailScanner mailing list
score MAILSCANNER       -3

This works as expected. However, any test I define after that one is
 ignored:

header SPAM-L           Sender =~ /.*\<SPAM-L\@PEACH\.EASE\.LSOFT\.COM>.*/i
describe SPAM-L         SPAM-L
score SPAM-L            -5

I tried reversing the order, and, yes, it's always only the first test
 that works. I bet it's just something I overlooked, but what?

MailScanner 4.37.7, SpamAssassin 3.0.2

Thanks for any hints.

cheers+tia,
&rw

proprietary to Algorithmics Incorporated and its affiliates
("Algorithmics").  If received in error, use is prohibited.  Please destroy,
and notify sender.  Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege.
Internet communications cannot be guaranteed to be timely, secure, error or
virus-free.  Algorithmics does not accept liability for any errors or
omissions.  Any commitment intended to bind Algorithmics must be reduced to
writing and signed by an authorized signatory.