feature request

James Gray james at GRAYONLINE.ID.AU
Wed Mar 23 00:39:31 GMT 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 02:58 am, Craig White wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-22 at 15:05 +0000, Julian Field wrote:
> > > Surely the other crucial thing about filename.rules is that the order
> > > of the rules is important, and some people comment out some of
> > > Julian's defaults. Trying to achieve those 2 things with 2 separate
> > > files would be well hard methinks?
> >
> > Precisely. Also, if I choose to change my recommended/sample rules, and
> > these get automatically imported into your setup, you will be changing
> > your usage rules without even knowing it. Sounds very dangerous to me.
> >
> > If I add a load to the file, it will be mentioned in the Change Log for
> > that distribution. I would consult that and compare rules when you see
> > that I have changed it significantly.
>
> ----
> real world, every admin doesn't examine each and every rule in your
> configuration.

Correct! Some of us roll our own filename/type rules and a nifty little
shell script that uses "diff" and "patch" to do all the modifications
automagically whenever we upgrade mailscanner.

James
--
A man said to the Universe: "Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the Universe, "the fact has not created in me a