Spam that puts extra Subject lines in to avoid being quarantined/caught.

Rakesh rakesh at NETCORE.CO.IN
Sat Mar 19 08:52:28 GMT 2005

Duncan, Brian M. wrote:

>Trying another time to mail the list about this type of Spamming.  We
>are starting to get allot more of these and I could not find anything in
>the archives dealing with this. (I looked again)
>
>Far down below is the original message I sent the list.
>
>Basically what I am seeing is Spammers that put two subject lines into
>the message.  Mailscanner only tags one of them. (99% of these have been
>ones that fail RBL check)  We have rules setup in exchange that, then
>say if message subject has xxx in it, stick it in their Suspect folder.
>(Exchange is only paying attention to the LAST subject line in the
>headers)
>
>Anyway to get sendmail/Mailscanner to either cut out multiple subject
>lines, or to mark ALL of the subject lines in the headers?
>
>This is with mailscanner-4.35.11-1

I think Julian has already taken care of this issue in his latest Beta
release 4.40.5 .

 From his change log :
       Multiple "Subject:" lines are removed. The 1st one is kept.

Try it out.

--
Regards,
Rakesh B. Pal