How do I set Mailscanner to not use MSP?

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Fri Mar 18 21:12:50 GMT 2005

RedRed!com IT Department wrote:

> I have the virtusertable option in submit.cf exactly like it is in
> sendmail.cf. Is that not enough?
>
> Here is one of the log records pertaining to this issue:
>
>    Mar 17 11:27:41 email2 sendmail[25274]: j2HHRfel025274:
> to=info at marguthauction.com, ctladdr=sarahv at email2.redred.com (3268/100),
> delay=00:00:00, xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=relay, pri=30425,
> relay=[216.16.73.5] [216.16.73.5], dsn=5.1.1, stat=User unknown
>
> In webmail the user Sarah is specifying the from and reply to address as
> sarah at rvtechsolutions.com, which is a domain that we host. She is
> sending to info at marguthauction.com, which is also a domain that we host.
> What Sarah receives in her webmail window is an error stating that the
> email was saved in dead.letter. I went in to look at that and it is
> nothing more than the headers and body of the email. Then in the maillog
> is the error above. I'm not sure if any of this helps or not, if there
> is anything else you may need to look at, please let me know. I've run
> into a wall on this one. Thanks.

This is definitely not a MailScanner issue but a Sendmail one and I am
not your man for Sendmail I'm afraid :-( . I will have to bow out
gracefully but I am sure some one with some Sendmail experience can help.

Sorry

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy