Can't set GID

Kris Kopicki krisk at WALFORD.ASN.AU
Thu Mar 17 03:44:44 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to setup MailScanner under Mac OS X 10.3.x Server (ie with
postfix). I get the following when running check_mailscanner:

ps: illegal option -- f
usage: ps [-aChjlmMrSTuvwx] [-O|o fmt] [-p pid] [-t tty] [-U user]
           [-N system] [-W swap]
        ps [-L]
Starting MailScanner...
Can't set GID 27 at /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner line 862.

The first message I fixed by adding "Darwin" to the UNAME checks with
the same configuration as BSD in check_mailscanner.

The second error I'm not sure about. Can't seem to find any info about
it. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Kris Kopicki
Network Manager
Walford Anglican School for Girls Inc.
316 Unley Road, Hyde Park