4.40.5: IPBlock 451 versus 550

Lars Kristiansen lars+lister.mailscanner at ADVENTURAS.NO
Wed Mar 16 19:02:35 GMT 2005

> Julian Field wrote:
>>
>> Very interesting idea. I will have a think. Unfortunately I would have
>> to accept the first mail in order for it to get into MailScanner at all.
>> And that may defeat the idea altogether. Any thoughts?
>>

> It sounds much like greylisting in DCC.  I think a milter or the
> equivalent would be more appropriate than handling it in MailScanner.

Have seen on other lists that greylisting is not considered to be very
polite by some.
Especially big isp's can get huge increases in their mailqueues.
As far as I understand.
Works well for the receiving side at the moment, but may loose its value
when some of bigger isp's find out that they have to upgrade their
hardware to keep up. Then they may start to stretch the rules of the
protocol to countermeasure, has been said.

--
Hilsen Lars