Problem with MailScanner, postfix and corrupt mails

Robert Waldner waldner at WALDNER.PRIV.AT
Wed Mar 16 16:46:19 GMT 2005

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 12:14:44 GMT, Julian Field writes:
>>A question for the others who see this problem: is one you having this
>> with perl 5.*6*, or are you all on 5.8? When the problem started here
>> in August (didn't notice until shortly ago), it just /might/ have been
>> the same time as the 5.6 -> 5.8 upgrade.
>>If it's only affecting 5.8 I'll invest half a day to rebuild a machine
>> with 5.6 to see if it helps any.

>I have just changed the code a bit, in case Perl was mis-parsing it.
<Postfix.pm patch>

I applied the patch (thanks, Julian!), but just got another one.

If I don't hear about someone having this problem with 5.6, I'll start
 rebuilding a test-box with that tomorrow.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- <spammers> Next phase: penalties. How about
-- 5 million hand-written apology letters?  /.