smtp server test?

Joe Smith joey at JOESMITH.NET
Wed Mar 16 14:30:59 GMT 2005

>Date:    Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:13:26 +0000
>From:    Julian Field <MailScanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
>Subject: Re: smtp server test?
>
>If you do that, you won't ever get any mail from me for starters. My
>outgoing mail handlers don't listen for SMTP from the net as well, that
>is handled by other MX servers.

I do everything on a scoring basis,  so this would just be another score
in the pile.    Perhaps another function, maybe called ScanMX would look
at the domains list of MX servers and nullify or negative score a
connection with MX servers listed in the same ip subnets.

Mail from billybob at billybob.com  from ip 192.168.2.10 no listening smtp
server +3.00

ScanMX billybob.com
MX1 192.168.2.11
MX2 192.168.2.12

ScanMX result -3.00

or

ScanMX billybob.com
MX1 10.1.1.2
MX2 10.2.1.1

ScanMX result +3.00

This would also help eliminate those pesky mailservers that bypass MX
lookups and go straight to the domain ip.   Usually virus or spam.