SA Timeouts

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Tue Mar 15 22:31:27 GMT 2005

Jim Coates wrote on         Tue, 15 Mar 2005 15:40:30 -0600:

> In the MailScanner.conf, I have Rebuild Bayes Every set to "0" and the Wait
> During Bayes Rebuild set to "no", so doesn't this already mean that it
> shouldn't be trying to rebuild itself?

It means that there is no minimum between the expiry tries and MS won't wait
during a running expiry. That is what produces those many temporary files. It
might just be enough to set this to yes (it should always be set to yes). Then
MS should wait with using SA until the expire has finished.

> I do have bayes auto expire remarked out in the spam.assassin.prefs.conf
> file.

You have to set this to 0 if you want to stop it. Commented out means default
= do it.

> If I change the auto expire setting, and then add the cron job (pointing to
> SA's local.cf I assume) will that then take care of the issue for now?

It is possible. As you see above there are several ways to fix the problem, it
depends on what the cause of the problem is. Run the command at least once
directly before you run it over cron. There might be a problem, so that the
expiry cannot finish. In this case running via cron will obviously not help.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany