SA Timeouts

Tue Mar 15 17:24:33 GMT 2005

Sounds like SA is trying to tidy the bayes DB and timing out...

make sure the following is set in MailScanner.conf

# If you are using the Bayesian statistics engine on a busy server,
# you may well need to force a Bayesian database rebuild and expiry
# at regular intervals. This is measures in seconds.
# 1 day = 86400 seconds.
# To disable this feature set this to 0.
Rebuild Bayes Every = 86400

# The Bayesian database rebuild and expiry may take a 2 or 3 minutes
# to complete. During this time you can either wait, or simply
# disable SpamAssassin checks until it has completed.
Wait During Bayes Rebuild = yes

and in spam.assassin.prefs.conf

# MailScanner: When using the scheduled Bayes expiry feature, you probably
# MailScanner: want to turn off auto-expiry as it will rarely complete
before
# MailScanner: it is killed for taking too long. You will just end up with
# MailScanner: big bayes_toks.new files wasting space.
# bayes_auto_expire 0

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator