SA Timeouts

Jim Coates jimc at LARIDIAN.COM
Tue Mar 15 16:44:29 GMT 2005

Hello all;

I recently upgraded SpamAssassin to 3.01 and have started having timeout
issues.

MailScanner's header report shows "X-MailScanner-SpamCheck: not spam,
SpamAssassin (timed out)"

I've been watching the CPU and memory utilization and it doesn't seem to be
that the server is having its resources eaten up, so I'm not really sure
what's causing it.

I increased the spam check timeouts to 60 (they were 40 by default), but
that doesn't seem to have corrected the problem.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

Thanks,
Jim Coates
Laridian, Inc.