Using "Default Rules With Multiple Recipients"

Peter Bates Peter.Bates at LSHTM.AC.UK
Tue Mar 15 15:16:03 GMT 2005

Hello all...

I've had a butchers at the FAQ (sorry, a look, I don't know why I drop
into slang) but didn't find a clear answer.

Basically, I'm using Postfix and the HOLD method, and have a few
addresses I now happily acknowledge are nothing but spamtraps, and which
I want to forward elsewhere. I use the virtual_maps/virtusertable
equivalent to forward to an external address.

Because of the HOLD method, the message has to pass through MailScanner
before being redirected (I've tried the REDIRECT Postfix method,
seemingly without much success).

So, I've been trying to use rules to avoid spam scanning for these
addresses:

Spam Checks = /etc/MailScanner/rules/scan.rules

which has:

To:     dodgy-spam at blah     no
FromOrTo:     default           yes

However, when the message is destined for multiple addresses, it
doesn't get scanned for them, leading to some rather annoyed users.

I've looked at:

Use Default Rules With Multiple Recipients

... but am still unsure how to use it, considering the messages
technically come in for x at lshtm.ac.uk, but then get forwarded out.

If anyone still awake has any suggestions or is doing something
similar, I'd be grateful for any suggestions.

Thanks.