Bad Filename Detected

Tue Mar 15 14:54:38 GMT 2005

Hi

the ip-address is that of the sending machine.

most modern viruses and spam fake the from and to addresses in order to
try and get the recipient to open the email.

so in this case they use your domain in the from and to. Nothing new,
don't worry unless you want to trace the ip-address of the sending
machine and inform their ISP/admins.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

SRW wrote:
> I received this message from mailscanner. My confusion begins with the fact
> the message is from my own domain to a one of my users. I tried to do a DNS
> lookup on the IP , which indicated there was no record. I am not sure where
> to begin to investigate?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>

> the following e-mails were found to have: Bad Filename Detected : Virus Detected
>
>     Sender: postmaster at MYCOMPANY.net
> IP Address: 68.21.243.17
>  Recipient: cathyp at MYCOMPANY.net
>    Subject: Mail System Error - Returned Mail
>  MessageID: j24KJ7K08923
>     Report: document.txt  .exe was infected: Worm.Mydoom.M-unp
>             Very long filenames are good signs of attacks against Microsoft
> e-mail packages (document.txt  .exe)
>     Report: document.zip was infected: Worm.Mydoom.M-unp
>             document.txt  .exe was infected: Worm.Mydoom.M-unp
>             Very long filenames are good signs of attacks against Microsoft
> e-mail packages (document.txt  .exe)
>

> --
> MailScanner
> Email Virus Scanner