spamhaus-XBL

Tue Mar 15 09:03:13 GMT 2005

Jason

doing a looking at spamhaus
(http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=219.132.219.6) the ip-address IS in
spamhaus's DB.

I find doing the RBL checks in MailScanner can produce problems with
false positives and I only do the checks in SA, as  you've also got set.

if you remove the RBL check from MailScanner.conf and let SA only do
this you won't get the email marked as spam.

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

Jason wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I'm using mailscanner-4.38.10-1, with sendmail and spamassassin. When a
> client send an email (not spam) with outlook express through our server,
> the
> receipient received the message regarded as spam. And the reason is
> "spamhaus-XBL".
>
>    The IP of mail server is certainly not in the "spamhaus-XBL" list, but
> the client may be, since it's a dynamic IP. And we certainly have no
> control
> of what ip was assigned to us by ISP. So, from my point of view, the ip of
> the client should not be considered as spam host of not, right? But this
> does not seem to be case.
>

> The following is the header of the received emal :

> From: "sender" sender at newhonest.com
> To: "receipient" receipient at newhonest.com
> Subject: {Spam?} test2 ,this is a external email
> Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:41:49 +0800