Problem releasing a message

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Fri Mar 11 11:18:43 GMT 2005

Not that it'd matter (I think, tad tired today:) but I do have it like:
127.0.0.1 apmx.ap1.se apmx localhost.localdomain localhost

> detail.php - don't think i missed anything and i updated the
> 'host' from
> 'localhost' as suggested in another mail
See my reply to Steve. That will not work for you.

>    // Fix by Glenn Steen, to set an arbitrary smtp host
>    $mail_param = array('host' => QUARANTINE_MAIL_HOST);
>    $body = $mime->get();
>    $hdrs = $mime->headers($hdrs);
>    $mail =& Mail::factory("smtp",$mail_param);
>
> conf.php - quarantine setings
>
> // Quarantine settings
> define(QUARANTINE_MAIL_HOST, "localhost.localdomain");
> define(QUARANTINE_FROM_ADDR, 'postmaster');
> define(QUARANTINE_SUBJECT, 'Message released from quarantine');
> define(QUARANTINE_MSG_BODY, 'Please find the original message that was
> quarantined attached to this mail. Regards,Postmaster');
Why don't you qualify the postmaster address? With that you'd rely on
whatever postfix will add as $myorigin ... Which seems to be "localhost"
for some reason.... That cannot be right.
Do:
postconf | egrep "^my"
... and check what you have myhostname, mydomain and myorigin set to.

Basically, localhost.localdomain would be enough to fool postfixs
reject_non_fqdn_hostname ... You could try removing that restriction
from main.cf, and do a
postfix reload
... Then it should just work. Downside is that you lose the feature...
At least temporarily while figuring out what the blazes is going on:-).

-- Glenn