Rules Du Jour and local domains

Jim Coates jimc at LARIDIAN.COM
Thu Mar 10 18:35:41 GMT 2005

Julian,

This is what I already do.

My "Virus Scanning" rule looks like this:

From:           *@mydomain.com                  no
From:           *@myotherdomain.org             no
FromOrTo:       default                         yes

But it allows spoofed incoming emails to come through.

If I change it to an IP address or block, it allows mail pulled from another
server via Fetchmail to come through because Fetchmail sends to MailScanner
via the local IP address, so it looks like its being sent internally (even
though headers are intact).

Jim