Razor

Stef Morrell stef at L5NET.NET
Thu Mar 10 14:26:39 GMT 2005

Hi Rod,

> I haven't used Razor to date. What are the benefits of adding
> it to my mail server?

Razor is a collaborative system. The idea is that if a person reports an
email as spam, then every other user who receives the same email knows
that it is spam.

In practical terms, it plugs into SpamAssassin. SpamAssassin checks the
Razor database as part of it's spam checks and gives additional score to
those emails which match existing entries.

My advice is to use it, along with Pyzor and DCC, which work in similar
fashion. SpamAssassin has rules which match all three services and
further rules to account for times when a given email matches in
multiple databases.

Stef