User unknown in virtual alias table

Drew Marshall drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK
Wed Mar 9 19:02:58 GMT 2005

Rodney Green wrote:

>> If you prefer to stick with the virtual domain, then I could do with the
>> details you have for mydestination and virtual_alias_domains.
>

> mydestination is set as below:
>
> mydestination = localhost.$mydomain, $myhostname,
> mail2.trayerproducts.com

What is mail2? Is that an alias for mail4? (i.e. they are the same machine)

>        The variable $myhostname is set as mail4.trayerproducts.com
>        The variable $mydomain is set as trayerproducts.com
>
> virtual_alias_domains is not set.

So your virtual user database will be queried by smtpd to ensure a user
is listed, the address rewritten by trivial-rewrite but not delivered
against by the virtual agent as it doesn't have any virtual domains. You
get away with this with SMTP mail as the smtpd process gets the
trivial-rewrite to add the aliased address and the delivery agent will
use that. MailScanner uses the sendmail command (Queue injection) so
won't have that rewrite process. Looks like your main.cf is set-up
partially for local and partially for virtual domains.

Which way would you like to go, virtual or local?

Drew

been scanned for viruses and dangerous
www.themarshalls.co.uk/policy