Panda not working

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Wed Mar 9 16:31:47 GMT 2005

So the "free" version is newer than the "eval" or "buy" version.
Go figure...

> Anyow, it doesn't work with MailScanner.  No viruses were found by Panda
> today.  F-Prot and Bitdefender found 126 each and ClamAV 133.
Is this with the orinal panda-wrapper, or with my kludge? Is it with the
latest sigs?
My kludge wouldn't work, since ProcessPandaOutput assumes a lot about the
output from panda-wrapper, and ... well, it might be wrong:-).

The old wrapper-script _should_ work within MS (Test it out with an Eicar).

> One other point.  Yesterday you advised testing it with the -HEU option in
> order to "Activate heuristic detection method".  I delete viruses so isn't
> using heuristic detection a bit dangerous?
Oh, sorry. I quarantine, so didn't think of the possibility.

> I must say, I'm getting rather tired of Panda...
Wellcome to the club:-).

I'm been tinkering a bit with the old script, to make it able to function
outside MS (both /path/to/file_or_dir and ../path_or_file), but it's not
quite ready yet. Should be sometime tomorrow, if my brain unsnarls ...:)

-- Glenn