question about spam store option

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Wed Mar 9 15:57:40 GMT 2005

Julian,

Setup: MS 4.39.6, Solaris 9, SA 3.0.2.  I just added "store" to my
options for spam and high spam, because I wanted to take a look at
what I was flagging as spam:

Spam Actions = store deliver
High Scoring Spam Actions = store delete
Quarantine Infections = yes
Quarantine Silent Viruses = no
Quarantine Whole Message = yes
Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes

So I looked at some of the stored samples (thank you for creating
a spam subdir in quarantine!) and realized that MS stores the virgin
message, no MS headers added.  So I have to grep thru my syslog to
find out what MS really thought of the message in terms of SA scoring,
phishing, html disarming, etc.  For spam storage, any chance this
info could be scribbled into a file in quarantine spam subdir somehow?

Jeff Earickson
Colby College