bayes expire tokens

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Mar 9 00:08:47 GMT 2005

Chris Conn wrote:
> It was suggested to disable bayes housekeeping from within MailScanner
> and do it via sa-learn cronjob.  It is in my memory mentioned this has a
> slim chance of corrupting the database.  How slim is slim?

I have run a cron job since before Julian implemented it in MS and I
never switched since it has worked flawlessly on several servers for
more than a year. With flawless I mean not a single expire file so I
would say that the chance is very slim. I of course set the job to night
time when the load is less to make it as slim as possible.

Another thing is that in my experience bayes shouldn't be overrated, I
think it scores pretty well even just after the necessary 200 spam plus
200 ham and I don't train it manually so having to start over wouldn't
be all that horrible. The SURBL lists are much more important in my opinion.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun