Panda not working

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Mon Mar 7 15:57:12 GMT 2005

This would've been simpler if the person writing the script had been
"partial" to a language I know... Spanish or Portugese or Brasilian
is not my forte, but... I think I understand what makes it not work,
at least.

It's rather simple.... The pavcl command errors out each time it's
called (a syntax error, so it prints the equivalent "pavcl --help")
This is due to the use of '$archive', where pavcl barfs on the signle
quotes. Probably put there to "protect" against filenames with spaces
in 'em, but since it doesn't work...

And to add to this, the logic behind the directory traversal seem to
be .... not that well thought through (meaning it results in
ridiculous commandlines like "/usr/bin/pavcl 'message/message' -CMP"
where there is no "message" subdirectory, just the rfc822 message
file (I don't quarantine queue files)). So that needs amending too.

Next problem is that they present you with a longish "license
agreement" type of thing... every time! Sigh. And use curses for it.
Double-sigh. So it seems to get "stuck" waiting for you to press <LF>
a couple of time. Not good. could perhaps be solved in an ...
expect-ish manner, but .... Really crappy. Might be different if
you've bought a license perhaps?

And this answers your other question "Does anyone have panda working"
... Seems to be "no":-):-).

Or have there been significant improvements recently to the panda
wrapper? I'm lagging a bit, so I'll have to compare with a more
recent version perhaps... Hm, nope, 4.39.6 is as bad.
I'll see what I can do.

-- Glenn