Problem with MailScanner, postfix and corrupt mails

Stef Morrell stef at L5NET.NET
Mon Mar 7 15:38:32 GMT 2005

Now I come to look at this, I've had a few corrupt emails too. If I run
postcat, they are in exactly the same layout as Robert describes.

I'm also on Linux, with Postfix. Not Redhat though, essentially it's a
"Linux From Scratch", but tweaked. Again, as with Robert, the system
sports a RAID-1 filesystem. I too am using the hold queue method.

Below is a repeat from my machine of the info Julian was asking for from
Robert. Many differences in all areas:

root at cyril:/var/spool/postfix/corrupt# /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner
-v
Running on
Linux cyril 2.6.10-Tromix #1 SMP Fri Jan 28 11:23:23 GMT 2005 i686
pentium3 i386 GNU/Linux
This is Perl version 5.008006 (5.8.6)

This is MailScanner version 4.38.9
Module versions are:
1.00    AnyDBM_File
1.14    Archive::Zip
1.03    Carp
1.119   Convert::BinHex
1.00    DirHandle
1.05    Fcntl
2.73    File::Basename
2.08    File::Copy
2.01    FileHandle
1.06    File::Path
0.14    File::Temp
1.29    HTML::Entities
3.45    HTML::Parser
2.30    HTML::TokeParser
1.21    IO
1.10    IO::File
1.123   IO::Pipe
3.05    MIME::Base64
5.417   MIME::Decoder
5.417   MIME::Decoder::UU
5.417   MIME::Head
5.417   MIME::Parser
3.03    MIME::QuotedPrint
5.417   MIME::Tools
0.10    Net::CIDR
1.08    POSIX
1.77    Socket
0.05    Sys::Syslog
1.02    Time::localtime

Optional module versions are:
1.810   DB_File
1.08    Digest
1.01    Digest::HMAC
2.33    Digest::MD5
2.10    Digest::SHA1
0.44    Inline
0.13    Mail::ClamAV
3.000002        Mail::SpamAssassin
1.997   Mail::SPF::Query
0.15    Net::CIDR::Lite
0.48    Net::DNS
missing Net::LDAP
1.94    Parse::RecDescent
0.15    SAVI
1.2     Sys::Hostname::Long
2.42    Test::Harness
0.47    Test::Simple
1.95    Text::Balanced
1.35    URI

Most of the time it's scanning 1-5 messages. When the server is busy,
10-12.

Hope this helps.

Stef