4.40.2 -- RAR 3 support

Rick Cooper rcooper at DWFORD.COM
Mon Mar 7 10:57:20 GMT 2005

No one is going to produce a library for Rar 3 unless the author changes the
license. It's the reason ClamAV does use the latest libs.

> I am writing this Perl interface for Unrar especially with MailScanner
> in mind. It  helps you determine the filenames and the number of files
> in the rar archive without extracting it. This may be needed incase you
> want to do filename checks but avoid virus scanning on them. Also you
> can extract the files to a working directory and do virus scanning on
> it. I will give more detailed feature specification of it on this list
> once I complete it.
>
> Rakesh.

The current code functions the same as the UnPackZIp function, allows
encrypted detection, file name checks, file type checks, if a file is
encrypted it will create a 0 length file for the file name checks, etc. In
any even, unless you support version 3 Rar files you are going to hit a wall
using the 2.0 libraries. Anything that expects to be useful is simply going
to have to support the external unrar command line.

Rick

> Julian Field wrote:
>
> > With credit for doing the hard work going to Rick Cooper:
> >
> > I have just released 4.40.2. This includes external RAR unpacking for
> > clamavmodule.
> > It also uses the unrar command to look inside RAR archives to check for
> > blocked filenames and filetypes, and also to see if the RAR archive is
> > password-protected.
> >
> > There are 2 new configuration options, "Unrar Command" and "Unrar
> > Timeout". Both of these will of course be added by
> > upgrade_MailScanner_conf.
> >
> > Please let me know what you think.
> >
> > Download from www.mailscanner.info as usual.
>

> --